Community Type: Independent Living
Newly renovated in 2014, The Village at Southlake offers elegant surroundings, a full schedule of activities and the option of dining in the formal dining room or al fresco on the patio. Beautiful exterior features include fountains, a private lagoon with a fountain and a walking trail around it, and beautiful landscaping.
Things We Like about The Village at Southlake
- Recent renovations are beautiful and added several features
- Excellent care options available through Always Best Care
- Flexible Accommodation options including Apartments, Cottages and Garden Homes
- Full Kitchen and Washer and Dryer in Every Residence
- Heated Pool, game room and theatre
- Exceptional schedule of onsite and offsite activities and trips
- Beautiful Lagoon with a fountain and walking trail
- Delicious food and multiple dining options and a 24 hour Keurig Coffee Bar
- Friendly and attentive staff
- Curb Appeal
- Interior Decorating
- Happy Residents
Rent and Care
Rent includes all utilities except phone, weekly housekeeping and linen service, activities, transportation and meal options. The number of meals included varies depending on which accommodations you select.
Types of Accommodations
When you enter the front door of the main building, you will find a beautiful staircase to the right and a reception desk to the left where you will be warmly greeted. This community offers a lot of flexibility in both housing style and size. The main building is two stories, but they do have an elevator to make trips to the second floor easier. They offer apartments in the main building, plus they offer garden homes around the main building and cottages on the street below the private lagoon. Each residence also features a full kitchen AND a private washer and dryer.
- Private studio, 1 and 2 bedroom apartments, 1 and 2 bedroom Garden Homes and Cottages
- Independent living does not include care, but does include meals, activities and transportation.
- For those residents who need a little help such as medicine reminders or assistance bathing, care is available from Always Best Care.
Socialization and Activities
You can stay as busy as you want your retirement to be; or relax as much as you like in the comfort of a senior community that takes care of all the interior and exterior maintenance, weekly housekeeping, linens, 3 delicious meals a day and scheduled transportation to your doctor’s appointments. They have a game room, a very well equipped exercise room, a theatre, a coffee bar, restaurant style dining, a beauty/barber shop, outdoor sitting areas, multiple sitting/lounge areas. They keep a very full activity calendar with activities scheduled onsite, local trips, stores, theatres and restaurants, as well as, trips to ballgames and other offsite events.
The Village at Southlake is the only independent living community in the Midlands of South Carolina that can boast a private heated swimming pool.
They post their monthly activity schedule in the Community Newsletter.
Most apartments include three delicious meals a day even though all residences include a full kitchen. Residents can enjoy dining in the newly remodeling dining room or outside on the patio. Coffee and water is available in the lounge around the clock.
The Village at Southlake is managed by Frontier Management. Recent renovations have been targeted toward reaching the most active seniors who are looking for the opportunity to enjoy their retirement by giving up home maintenance but remaining independent in a vibrant community that provides excellent activities, dining opportunities, transportation and the support of a community. Pets are Welcome and encouraged. If you need help permanently or temporarily you can get help onsite. You can even get care for your pets if needed.
Licensing and Professional Affiliations
- Not Applicable; Independent Communities are not licensed in the State of South Carolina
Click on the links to open up a new window to see Places near this community
- Al Fresco Dining on the Patio
- All Utilities Provided (except telephone)
- Balconies & Patios
- Bus with Wheelchair Lift
- Cable TV & Internet
- Clubhouse available
- Computer Loft
- Daily Trash Pickup
- Emergency Cords in Every Unit
- Emergency Pendents
- Exercise Programs
- Exercise Room
- Full kitchens in each residence
- Full time Activities (Life Enrichment) Director
- Game & Card Room
- Garden Areas & Courtyards
- Heated Swimming Pool
- Living & Lounge Rooms
- Local Prescription Delivery
- Onsite Staff 24/7
- Outdoor Walking Paths & Lagoon
- Personal washer & dryer in each residence
- Pet Friendly
- Scheduled Social Events and Outings
- Scheduled Transportation to Appointments
- Weekly Housekeeping & Linen Service